Studies show that your chances of success will be greatly improved if you get advice and support from health care professionals to help you stop smoking. The services we offer from the Practice can:
- Boost your willpower to stop smoking
- Concentrate your efforts by getting advice from someone who knows your medical background
- Help you feel that you’re not doing it alone
- Help you to cope when you are tempted to smoke
- Monitor improvements to your health so that you can see the benefits
- We have a limited number of appointments available with our trained practice nurses for those wanting help with quitting. You are also able to self-refer to the local smoking cessation clinic. Details of this may be collected from your doctor , nurse or receptionist.
Other treatments are available which could include Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
For more information about quitting smoking.